How Georgetown Uses COACHE Survey Results
As noted in this Provost Blog post, the goal of the survey is to identify both our areas of strength and of concern, and to guide our actions for improvement. Survey data will be used to directly engage faculty concerns as Georgetown develops policies and programs.
Past survey results…
- Enhanced mentoring of Associate Professors
- Led to greater clarity for promotion and tenure (e.g., dossier prep guidelines)
- Increased support for interdisciplinary activities (e.g., new master’s programs)
- Identified the need for increased communication (e.g., newsletters and usage of websites)
- Identified low ratings of support for interdisciplinary research, which led to initiatives such as cross-cutting research activities (e.g. tech and society, collaborative professorships)
The 2022 Georgetown COACHE Survey is being coordinated by the Office of Assessment & Decision Support (OADS). For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.