Frequently Asked Questions
Email invitations to review courses in BLUE will be sent to Department Admins every semester (review training materials here). Once you login to BLUE, you may:
- Confirm and submit any changes by the due date specified in the invitation.
- If any changes to the instructors of record for a course are made after the start of the semester through the last day of classes or later, please inform Course Evaluation Coordinator (email@example.com) so that changes can be mirrored within the BLUE system. Please note that only the faculty actually teaching the course should be listed in Banner since everyone who is listed will be evaluated and the record cannot be corrected once the survey is open to students.
No. The following types of courses are not evaluated:
- Sections with only three or less students enrolled
- Internships, labs, recitations, or independent studies
- Courses taught in certain departments, such as ENFL, ATHL, DEVM, ECIL, SABR, UROP
- Courses with the following course numbers: 9999, 9994, 9993, 9992, 9991, 9987, 9986, 9985, 9004, 9003, 9002, 9001, 7996, 7949, 7941, 4999, 4998, 4997, 4960, 4950, 4949
- Courses with the following sections numbers: 60-69
- Courses ending outside the standard course end date for the semester unless notified
- Teaching assistants (unless affiliated with the course through CourseLeaf/Banner)
It may be possible to open some section types not typically evaluated, such as labs or recitations, but this is not guaranteed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss if this is an option.
After grades have been submitted each semester, results are uploaded through Box for each department the following month. Department Reports take up to 30 days after each semester’s close to clean and process the resulting data. If you are new to the role of reviewing evaluation results for your department, please contact email@example.com to ensure you have access.
In addition to the primary Department Reports distributed to authorized viewers through Box, OADS is building out a dashboard view directly within Blue scheduled to launch in early 2023.
A professor would like to include guest lecturers in their courses, can they be set up to receive a course evaluation?
If the guest lecturer is an affiliate of the university, then the guest lecturer can be added to the system of record and receive an evaluation. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Full Name(s), NetID(s), and GUID(s) (8 digit number on the bottom of the GU ID card).
I need to have a faculty member listed on the course, but not evaluated. What percentage should I place for the faculty member in CourseLeaf?
If you have a faculty member that needs to be on a course, but not evaluated, place that faculty member at one percent. After this task has been completed, email email@example.com to inform the Course Evaluation Coordinator.
Blue can be used with the following browsers for both PC and Mac:
While Blue may run in other browsers, it has only been tested on the browsers listed above.
Results from course evaluations are used throughout the university for many essential purposes. Faculty use evaluation results to edit teaching style, course materials and course structure. Departments and Deans use results in decisions regarding rank, tenure and promotion of faculty as well as program design and class offerings. Students use evaluation results during pre-registration and the add/drop period to select courses and instructors for current or future semesters.
What criteria do individuals have to meet in order to be listed as faculty members on the schedule of classes?
Faculty must meet the following criteria:
1. They prepare the syllabus
2. They teach the course
3. They enter grades
4. They receive course evaluations
Email your specific request to firstname.lastname@example.org.